Recent CE Event: Working with Families in the Digital Age
Program Overview: This workshop is for licensed psychologists who want to be aware of the clinical implications and practical applications of working with families in the digital age. It will serve as a primer for clinicians to increase their awareness of and possible use of technology in working with their patients. The course will provide an overview of popular apps, smartphone use, and utilization of parental controls in clinical practice. The many benefits and concerns for children and adolescents being raised in this wired and wireless world will be introduced and explored. The program will include research findings and practical advice based on a behavior modification parenting program.
Learning objectives: Particpants will learn to:
- Address a variety of issues based on the understanding that many clinicians and parents are digital immigrants while child, adolescent, and young adult patients are digital natives.
- Recognize and increase clinicians’ awareness of common applications and understanding of benefits and concerns inherent to treating patients in the digital age.
- Receive practical advice for using technology in clinical practice to engage your patients and enhance specific coping skills training.
- Review a sample of research trends and findings regarding child development and screen time use.
- Learn about implementation of a behavior modification protocol using digital access levels as incentives.
Speaker: Dr. Adam Pletter is a licensed clinical psychologist in Maryland in his 15th year of private practice. He received his doctoral degree from the George Washington University Professional Psychology Program and specializes in the treatment of children, adolescents, and young adults. Dr. Pletter has developed and runs iParent 101, LLC, a digital parenting workshop, and has written on the topic for the Washington Post and other media outlets.
Please fill out form below. If you wish to pay online, return to this page and click on the “Buy Now” PayPal link.